Wednesday, June 24, 2015

How blind can one be?

I read "A Game of Thrones" years ago, and watched the first season right afterward. Now years later, I am re-reading the book, and reading about the truth of King Robert's "children" and about his hunting "accident."

And now, re-reading the book, all I can ask myself is: how could I be that  blind?

The clues and hints to the truth of Robert's children, and the truth behind the perpetrators of his death, were so obvious...how could I, or truly anybody, not see them and figure out the conspiracies early on in the story?

The fact that I didn't, and virtually no one else did, can only be attributed to beyond masterful writing. Truthfully, the clues and hints are so obvious in the story; but that that no one picked up on them and were all shocked by the truth is an indisputable sign of a literary genius.

And this genius manifests itself in more than one way throughout the series, this "secret of Robert's heirs and death" being only only one of many.Twists that could break steel, and mysteries that will keep a narcoleptic awake for days, are a constant throughout the series.

So, keep reading.

In the meantime, post your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment